Building a VR application on my Device

 For This weeks Unity Tutorial, I had to use an already created unity package and export it into an android apk for mobile XR. 





For this week, I was using the unity package that you can see beside this text. I imported the scene into Unity. This step went unexpectedly quite smooth. Considering how much of a hassle unity tends to be for me. I had to also install additional plugins to let me use the android apk as well as enabling developer mode on my phone.



The VR Museum that was used for this weeks unity Tutorial.


Once I had done everything required by the unity Lab I was finally able to build and run and use the application on my android phone, exploring the museum and trying out its different features/activities.
The hardest part of this week's Tutorial for me was definitely getting the project to actually export. I had constant issues with the JDK being outdated and once I had re-installed unity it worked without any problems.




ADDING DETAIL TO MY CONCEPT GAME

WORKING TITLE:
ShootVR

INTENDED AUDIENCE:
I want this game to be for people that have a huge interest in VR as well as Esports and competitive gaming. Currently, VR lacks any kind of truly competitive game and there is a huge hole in the market that needs to be filled.

WHO IS IT NOT FOR:
ShootVR is not going to be an easy game. it will have complex mechanics and a complex moving system. Someone who is new to VR would definitely not like this game and the goal of the game is to win and be the best. People who just wanna hop on for an hour or two to relax will not have a great time on the game.

XR IMPLEMENTATION:
ShootVR will take full advantage of modern-day XR. using full 6DOF and fully VR. Being available for PCVR(steam VR) and standalone VR(Oculus store)

SUPPORTING TECHNOLOGIES:
ShootVR being a highly competitive game would take advantage of haptic feedback suits as well as FBT (Full Body Tracking) allowing users to be even more immersed in the game than they would have already been.

KEY FEATURES (user stories):
"I want to put my skills to the test against other people to prove I am the better player."
"My friends and I formed a squad and are queuing up together winning every game as a team."
"I enjoy the realistic gun mechanics giving me the sensation that I really am in the middle of a war."
"strong communication with my team lets us gain control of the site and successfully plant the bomb."

Comments

Popular Posts